Blogs I like
List of my favorite tech blogs. For each blog below, I'm also sharing a specific blog post I like the most.
- Ahmad Shadeed: Building Real-life Components
- Alex Kondov: Tao of React - Software Design, Architecture & Best Practices
- Clean Coder Blog: The Clean Architecture
- CSS Tricks: A Complete Guide to Flexbox
- David Walsh Blog: fetch API
- DZone: Software Architecture: The 5 Patterns You Need to Know
- Gergely Orosz: How I Motivate Myself to Write
- Julia Evans: Docker Compose: a nice way to set up a dev environment
- Kent C. Dodds: The State Initializer Pattern
- Lee Robinson: How I Turned an Idea into $7K by Teaching Online
- Martin Fowler: Serverless Architectures
- Pat Kua: The Holiday Test
- Shawn @swyx Wang: Sharding Yourself
- StaffEng: Work on what matters
- Toptal Engineering: Optimizing Website Performance and Critical Rendering Path
- Wes Bos: How to Sanitize Data with ES6 Template Strings
- Wildly Inaccurate: Becoming a team lead: a survival guide
- Will Larson: Being visible
At some point, I found these blogs while browsing Hacker News, so here's a honorable mention to YCombinator 🙌🏼.
Tech company blogs
I also like to follow what other Tech companies are blogging about. And so the following list is also a great source of information for me.
- Engineering at Meta
- Slack Engineering
- Spotify Engineering
- The GitHub Blog
- Uber Engineering Blog
For all of the above, I use Feedly to organise my feeds.
I hope that's helpful and interesting to you. 👋🏼
Did you know you can help me with this page?
If you see something wrong, think this page needs clarification, you found a typo or any other suggestion you might have feel free to open a PR and I will take care of the rest.
My entire site is available to edit on GitHub and all contributions are very welcome 🤙🏼.
Hemerson Carlin, also known as mersocarlin, is passionate and resourceful full-stack Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience focused on agile development, architecture and team building.
This is the space to share the things he likes, a couple of ideas and some of his work.